Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Forgotten


I don't know about everyone else, but I think we have all had the experience where a friend or family member tells us about something that happened to you and you can't remember it to save your life! Usually when this happens to me, the person telling me spends some times trying to convince me, and then if I don't remember, they eventually give up.

In first Nephi 7: 9-11 it says, "How is it that ye have not hearkened unto the word of the Lord? How is it that ye have forgotten that ye have seen an angel of the Lord? Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten what great things the Lord hath done for us, in delivering us out of the hands of Laban, and also that we should obtain the record?" In this scripture Nephi is trying to tell his brothers about the amazing things they have experienced, they even saw and angel, but they won't remember.

Quite often I find myself forgetting the things that the Lord has done for me. After a long enough time, they are gone. Thankfully however, we have the Holy Ghost, our "friend" who is remindind us of the things that happened. We don't have to listen to him, and if we don't, he will stop reminding us. I love to think back about the things that have helped me, and I'm grateful for the help of the Holy Ghost in reminding me of my treasured experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...