Thursday, December 30, 2010

Truth

It has been interesting to see how I have changed over the course of my life, and especially the last year on my mission. In Alma 32 it talks about faith and how it grows and what it can become. At different times I felt like my faith was pretty strong in parts of the Gospel, and especially in the Gospel as a whole.


Just recently I have found a completely new perspective on things. Have you ever seen someone in denial about something. I used to hate it when the football or basketball team that I was rooting for lost. I would make excuses and blame it on other things. I conviced myself that they didn't really lose, they just got a bad deal from the refs, ect... But that doesn't change the truth that they did lose.

 I always knew that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints was true for me and other mebers, but didn't understand that it is just as true to everyone else. It is as true to those who don't believe it yet as it is to me. Sometimes we try to tell ourselves that a certain situation changes things (ie: bad calls by refs), but no matter the justification truth doesn't change because someone doesn't want it to be true.

When you can accept truth, no matter what it means, and be happy about it; it will change your life. You will find greater peace, happiness, and self assurance. The truth (especially of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Plan of Salvation) gives us something solid to hold to our whole life. There is nothing better than the assurance that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is watching over us, and the knowledge that if we obey, we will return to live with him and our families!

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's church on the earth today. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, and we have prophets speaking to us today. I know the Book of Mormon is true. It is true for us all. Let us continue to share this great truth with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...